Monday, February 28, 2011

Blue and Gold


This Friday we had the annual blue and gold dinner at Cub Scouts. It was a Hawaii theme, so I was decked out in my shell leis. I also got my trophy for coming first in the pinewood derby. I really like getting trophies, but I was a little disappointed in this one. For one thing, it wasn't as big as I would have liked. In fact, it was no bigger than the participant trophies. Also, they misspelled my name on the trophy. It lists "Aiden Morgan" as the first prize recipient. Still, I had fun. I also won a solar powered flashlight in the raffle.

1 comment:

Mum said...

Congratulations on the Pinewood Derby! Your Mom deserves some thanks too!

Too bad they misspelled your name. I grew up having people mispronounce mine. It is "Diana", but I kept getting "Diane"! Gaahh!

Now, don't feel too bad about having your name misspelled. I once came across a certificate of participation that someone had left behind in a classroom. The woman's name was Jane Moran, but the certificate said "Jane Moron"! No wonder she didn't want it!

Love,
Nainnie