Friday, February 11, 2011

Markets

 
Every month we have a market day in school. On this day, kids are free to bring stuff to sell in exchange for tickets, a sort of currency in our class. Today, I brought in lemonade to sell. To get people interested, I set the price really low at first, only 5 tickets. Then, when I got word of mouth out about how good the lemonade was, I ended my "sale" period and raised the price to 10, then 20, and finally 50 tickets per cup. I sold out completely and made a boatload of money. So what did I buy with this newfound cash? Well, one of my classmates was selling her stuffed peregine falcon. I got him for only 50 tickets. I also got a pair of toy cars for just 10 tickets each. I got some silly bandz for 1 ticket each. SinceI don't care much for silly bandz, my plan is to "flip" them next time since they usually sell for about 5 tickets. I love the market.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mum said...

Hi, Aidan,

It's very clear that you are the son of an economist!

Love,

Nainnie