Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sunol Christmas Train

Lit-up train

This evening, Mommy set up a surprise for me. She wouldn't tell me what it was or aything about it. Reluctantly, she told me it was "Sunol", which meant nothing to me. It turned out to be a lit-up Christmas train.

Train Interior

Inside and out, the train was decorated with lots of lights. It had 13 cars (we counted them)---a very long train. They had all different kinds of cars: restaurant cars, sleepers, pullman cars, and so on. They were all decorated in different ways, so it was pretty neat.

Aidan Vermeer 1

The only problem was that the train took forever to get going. I was bored during that time. Still, it was a fun evening all around.

Here's a set of shots from the evening. As usual, you can download, post, remix, or order prints from these.

Daddy note: I've abandoned all the other photo services for Flickr. It's much easier to share, do nice slide shows, and embed images in the blog. In addition, for those who like to download (you know who you are), it's much better in terms of image quality and it's free---just click the "download image" link for each picture. Finally, prints are cheaper: 4x6s are 15 cents each while 8x10, my favorite format, is only $2 each. For 8x10, that's abour 50% cheaper than Shutterfly and Snapfish. I may occasionally post images elsewhere, but mostly it will be to Flickr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a very interesting and fun thing that Heather arranged. At least it did not require you to sit on your luggage as had happened to me for the first few miles on my Amtrak trip to DC last year!