Sunday, December 09, 2007

Busy, busy weekend

IMG_8520

It was a very busy weekend. On Saturday, we got up early and went to a trophy ceremony for a golf group that Daddy belongs to. It turns out that Daddy won the trophy---the "Coffee Cup" (in honor of the early morning times they play). It was great. I even kissed the trophy I was so happy.

Next, we went off to soccer where, annoyingly, we wore our white shirts again. You see, we have reversible white and green shirts for soccer. I much prefer the green, but our team, the Tigers, never seems to get to be green. In fact, last week I was so upset that we were white again that I protested enough that I changed teams.

IMG_8519_edited-1

After that, Daddy and I went on a hike in the Mount Diablo foothills. Here's a batch of photos from around there.

Sunday was almost as busy. I spent the afternoon working with Mommy on my star of the week poster. See, this week, I'm the STAR OF THE WEEK in Kindergarten. Pretty cool.

We also went out for sushi and saw the Amazing Race (my favorite show) tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures! I particularly like the close-up of the berries and flowers. I also like the bird on the sign, the buffalo(? Maybe cattle, but very effective) and the little squirrel poking its head out of the hole.

Very well-chosen pics and very well done.

Congratulations to your Daddy on winning the golf trophy! Excellent!

Yes, too bad about those team colors, but enjoy the fun of soccer anyway. Now, I would think the Tigers' uniforms would have brown and gold stripes.

I've been catching bits and pieces of The Amazing Race from time to time. I'll bet your Mommy and Daddy would be good contestants. I'd be out of the race with the first escalator, unless I had someone to help me out!

Love,

Nainnie

Anonymous said...

The cows in the picture are normal cattle---not buffalo.

Most of these pics were shot with the 70-300 mm lens. It can do amazing things especially with macro (close-up) type photography. It also helps to have such a pretty landscape just a short distance from the house.