Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Putting on Ornaments

Tree

Today, we put some of the ornaments on the Christmas tree. Since I'm very strong, I helped Daddy cary some of the boxes out of the garage and into the house. Then, I put up some ornaments. It was very exciting to pick out the ones I like. The balls are really shiny, and I like these a lot.

Snowflake ball

I also picked out a number of others as favorites, including the Christmas shrimp and a very pretty trumpet.

Trumpet

I don't really like the nutcracker ornament, but Daddy and Mommy do, so it's on the tree.

Ornament ensemble

We left the high parts of the tree for Mommy to do since she's taller than we are.

Daddy note: These "improbable" Christmas photos were taken using a tripod and a really long exposure time (30 seconds) with no ambient light. The long exposure creates the twinkles in the lights---it's not a Photoshop trick. In fact, there images are straight from the camera. Click on the image to view, download, or order prints of the big size.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! My trees are now all decorated too! Tell me, have you gone with a picky or a star?

Anonymous said...

We haven't yet decided. Aidan and I only decorated the bottom half of the tree. He and Heather want a star. I, of course, want a picky.

Anonymous said...

Pickies rule!

Anonymous said...

Indeed they do. The picky triumphed once again--it now adorns the top of our tree.