Sunday, April 18, 2004

Wiggle Time

On Saturday, Mommy and I went to see The Wiggles (our favorite singing group) at the Oakland Arena. It was really exciting! Mommy started talking about going to see The Wiggles the day before, and I talked about nothing but that until bedtime. I was all ready to go as soon as I woke up the next day. I exclaimed, "Wigls!" (Wiggles) as soon as I woke up and that periodically exclaimed, "Wigls! Songs! Dance! Oh Boy!" in various combinations to remind Mommy that we had somewhere to go.

Mommy and I got to the arena an hour early, and we were really glad that we did. She got a great parking spot, and I got to walk up and down ramps and pick out the white Wiggles shirt that I expressed a special preference for with smaller crowds than showed up later. We also got to our seats on time, which was great since there was such a crush of people arriving closer to the official start time, that they had to delay the start time a bit to let them get into the parking lot and to their seats.

Anyway, the show was really exciting! (I was a little intimidated by all of the lights, so I stayed on Mommy's lap like many other kids, but I had lots of fun!) Some kids brought signs to hold up with their parents, and The Wiggles read all those that they could see. (Mommy thought that was very nice of them.) One family in seats pretty high up held a sign that said, "We have food for Anthony!" He's always hungry, so he went up into the audience and received an open bag of baked Doritos (guess the kids were hungry too!).

We had great seats, and Mommy and I loved watching Greg, Anthony, Murray, and Jeff singing, dancing, and joking around. They came into the audience a couple times, and I was only a few feet away from Jeff! (Mommy wished it were Anthony, who is the heartthrob Wiggle of many in her mommy group. Click here for a SF Chronicle column by another mom fan of Anthony.)

My special favorite, Dorothy the Dinosaur, sang and danced to many songs with the others and even sang her solo butterfly song (a special favorite since Mommy and I sing it at home!) Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus were also there dancing around. Mommy especially enjoyed Captain Feathersword, who sang his "Quack Quack Quack, Cock a Doodle Doo" song as Barney, a Teletubby, Mick Jagger, Ozzy Osbourne, Celine Dion, and an operatic tenor. He was really funny, and Mommy says he has an incredible vocal range despite all his clowning around!

As we walked to the car after the concert, Mommy asked me whether I had fun, and I said "Aidan Wigles fun!" We listened to Wiggles songs the whole way home in the car. I want to go back and visit the Wiggles again!

No comments: