Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Aidan Hong Kong

In our conversation at dinner, Daddy started talking about Hong Kong. Apparently, one of his students was just offered a job there. He asked me if I wanted to go to Hong Kong. Mommy frowned. "Yes!" I said. Daddy seemed pleased. What he didn't know was that I wanted to go right then, right that very second. I didn't really need or want to finish dinner as there was no point in delaying my trip to Hong Kong. Daddy and Mommy continued to talk.

"Aidan Hong Kong?" I offered, in case they forgot about our trip.

"Later. When you're a bigger boy." offered Mommy and Daddy.

Checking my height I concluded that I was certainly big enough to go to Hong Kong.

"Aidan Hong Kong?" I repeated.

Later that evening, Daddy got out a big book called an atlas to show me where Hong Kong was. He pointed to California and told me I was here. I then pointed to some other places on the page to indicate where Daddy and Mommy were. I pointed to the horn of Africa and said, "Daddy here." I pointed to the southern tip of India and said "Mommy here."

Daddy pointed out where Hong Kong was. It's pretty close to California on the page in the atlas.

"Aidan Hong Kong?" I reminded everyone since our trip was already delayed by more than an hour.

We looked at some post cards of Hong Kong that Daddy brought me. Hong Kong is filled with boats, which I liked very much. There was also a picture of a bunch of people climbing steps to visit a big golden guy named Buddha. I liked the steps a lot though Buddha was good too. Hong Kong seems like a great place to go.

"Aidan Hong Kong?"

No comments: