Monday, November 19, 2007

It's Delicious

When I'm having foods that I like, I tend to lavish them with praise. For instance, a Kit Kat bar is "absolutely scrumptious." What I've discovered though is that if I can praise a food not just for its taste but also for its superior nutritional properties, this is even better. I like to increase the odds of getting more of my favorite stuff. My favorite is to offer a rhyming phrase:

It's delicious. It's nutritious!


This is a useful phrase for a host of foods. For instance, Oreo Cakesters are big chocolaty cakey cookies. I proudly announce,

They're delicious. They're nutritious!


No one seems to believe this though.

Sometimes I'm more successful. Chocolate milk, for instance:

It's delicious. It's nutritious!


Happily, this produces some level of agreement.

No comments: