Monday, February 27, 2006

The Super Bowl of Letters

I have a number of foam letters in my bathtub. Yesterday, I invented a really exciting new game to play with these---the Super Bowl of Letters. The way the game works, there are 6 letters playing. They randomly match up with one another to form "words". The letters that form real words get points while those that don't get no points. Once I put the words up on the board, I have to sound them out to figure out if the letters have formed a word or not.

In one of the most exciting matches, the letters AEOLR and N competed. They formed words like:

EL, NO, ON, OR, AL, LA, EN, and ARE

Some failures included:

LORAEN, AR, LNR

This was great fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like your Daddy was refering to the Scrabble Dictionary, looking for two-letter words! Hmm.

I had a sad day yesterday, Aidan. I was changing the bed you slept in and putting the Little Guys/People back in their storage box and missing you very much! Well, in a few months, I'll make plans to visit you in Cali.

On Friday, I'll be visiting your cousin Emma and her family.

Thinking of you.

Love,

Nainnie