Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm never tired (except maybe sometimes)

As you know, I'm never tired. On Saturday, it was pretty hard for me to prove this. It was my first day back to California after a great trip to Pennsylvania. I hadn't seen Daddy in a while, so it was a great day to hang out with him. We figured out all sorts of interesting things to do. First, we needed to go on a mission to the supermarket to get food. We got one of the fun shopping carts with a car on the front of it, but I decided I wanted to walk around rather than ride. We walked all over the store, and I got to demonstrate how strong I was by picking up things. Some heavy things I picked up included: 2 liter bottles of Fresca, a big thing of laundry detergent, 1 gallon of milk, two containers of orange juice, and the piece de resistance, a giant vat of Metamucil. Daddy said we didn't need nor want the giant vat of Metamucil, but I wanted to demonstrate my strength.

Later that afternoon we got to do something we hadn't done since my leg injury---go scooter riding. We rode all the way up a big hill and then down the hill again. I had to rest several times on the way, but I pointed out to Daddy that I still was not tired since the rests were only zero minutes long each.

At dinnner that night, I was having a lot of trouble keeping my eyes open. But, as I told Mommy and Daddy, I was still not tired. I just looked a little tired. Shortly after dinner, I got to play some "stuffed animal fun", heard some stories and songs and then went to sleep. Even then, I still was not tired although I thought I'd humor Mommy and Daddy by immediately falling asleep.

I'm never tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aidan,

As a point of honor, children are never tired! But I'm glad you went to sleep pretty quickly!

I do know how strong you are! I'm not surprised that you were able to lift the huge vat of Metamucil.
Ironically, people who would most benefit from huge vats of Metamucil would, sadly, be unable to lift them themselves.

Love,

Nainnie