Monday, January 16, 2006

Go Steelers!

Yesterday, we saw a very exciting football game where the Steelers took on the Colts. When Daddy puts on football, the first order of business is to figure out who to root for. Sometimes I root by the color of the team. For example, the Green Bay Packers, with their green and yellow color scheme, are my favorite team. I always root for them. Failing that, I'll ask Daddy which team is winning and root for that team. (Daddy doesn't like this idea. He thinks I should root for a team regardless of the score.)

Anyway, when I discovered that the Pittsburgh Steelers had yellow as a prominent color and were from one of my favorite states, Pennsylvania, I decided to root for them. I also liked that the fans of the Steelers wave big yellow "terrible towels" to root them on. I'd like a terrible towel of my own. It was a great game with lots of high fives and cheering for the team to do well. What an exciting game.

Daddy says that when I get older, we'll have to "hoist an Iron for Myron" to celebrate Steelers successes.

No comments: