Thursday, December 08, 2005

Cruisin'

I've discovered that my old skill at "cruising"---standing up and moving while holding onto something for balance---is especially useful with a broken leg. Yesterday's achievement: washing my hands all by myself. To accomplish this, I found my stepstool in the bathroom, moved it in front of the sink, crawled up it and then, using the sink for balance, managed to hoist myself up. From there things were easy. I was able to reach across to turn on the faucet, release some apple soap from the dispenser and wash my hands. Best of all, I managed this all by myself. Mommy was a bit concerned about the risks of falling in this process, but was impressed at the initiative and resourcefulness of my approach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aidan,

You are indeed a resourceful young man!

We have a lot of snow here this morning! It's very pretty to see!

Love,

ATM said...

I'm not a man, evena young one, I'm a boy.