Friday, July 30, 2004

Morning Routine

I've settled into a morning routine with Daddy. I tend to wake up when my room starts to get light from the sun. Often, I'll talk to my stuffed animals or look at my books before asking to get out of my crib. Soon, Daddy cmes and hoists me out. The first thing to check on, once out of the crib, is whether the moon is still out. You see, I'm a bit nervous about the moon and would prefer that it not be around. I ask Daddy, "Moon outside?" He says no, but I run to the window to see for myself.

Next, I scamper off the the kitchen to help Daddy make coffee. "Daddy want coffee?" I inquire. He says yes and goes through the preparations. I like to do a little coffee griding dance as the beans get ground up in the coffee maker. Soon, it's time to go outside to get the newspaper. I always accompany Daddy on this mission regardless of footwear. If I'm wearing socks, I announce "sock shoes" as I make my way toward the driveway. If I'm just in bare feet I announce "feet shoes" and so on. I get to carry the newspaper inside by its convenient rubber band. Once inside, I announce "band off." Daddy removes the rubber band and together we read bits of the paper. Daddy's favorite part of the paper is the crossword puzzle. "Read the crossword puzzle," I offer helpfully.

I also like to have a cup of juice in the morning. Daddy now knows this, so he offers it in advance of my asking. He asks what kind of juice I want. I usually ask for whatever juice we happen to have on hand, which changes from time to time. A couple of weeks ago it was berry juice, then apple juice. Right now, it's one of my absolute favorites, white grape juice. Often, I'll take my cup of juice and set down next to the train set for some train play with Daddy. He always likes to play trains with me.

Sometime later, Mommy gets up to greet us. Sometime after that, Daddy will have to go to work. I give him a hug and a kiss on his way out and look forward to his coming home in the evening.

No comments: