Friday, May 02, 2003

Zahnrade

For the last two days, a very nice (and very tall) man named Markus has been visiting with us. He's one of my Daddy's co-authors who happened to be in town. He also happens to be German, so he taught me some new words while he played with me. One of my favorite things to play with during his visit was my gear toy. I really love this toy under normal circumstances and liked it even better in German. I've discovered that my gears are called Zahnrade in German. The German actually makes more sense to me since it means "tooth wheel" which perfectly describes my gears. I also learned the word Reißverschluß, which makes a lot less sense to me. Markus tells me it translates to zipper, but it literally means "tear catch". Markus is lots of fun and full of new ideas.

No comments: