Monday, May 05, 2003

Gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always loved to play with balls of various sorts. This weekend my Mommy got me a new collection of perfect Aidan-sized balls. One is a baseball, one a basketball, one a soccer ball, and one a little football. All of them are soft so they're easy to grip and won't break anything when I fling them around wildly. Daddy and I played lots of different ball games over the course of the weekend, and I ended up learning a new skill. When Markus came to visit, he started "dribbling" a soccer ball with his feet. It surprised me that you could manipulate balls with your feet as well as by picking them up and throwing them. I made a few tentative attempts to step on the ball with my feet too, but without much luck. Daddy showed me the same thing over the weekend and I finally got it. The key is to kick the ball. I started doing this and it was great fun. Sometimes when you kick the ball hard it goes further and faster than when you throw it. I made one kick that went clear across the room and into Licorice's cage. When I did that, Daddy cried out "Gooooooaaaaaaaalllllllll!!!!!!!" in his best Latin accent. I laughed and laughed. Kicking is great.

No comments: