Friday, February 07, 2003

The Staff of Life

We went to Il Fornaio last night for dinner. A lot of people around us were complaining that it was bitterly cold outside. Mommy and Daddy snickered at this notion of cold---it was 45 degrees. They said these Californians don't know what real cold is all about. At any rate, it felt really cold to me. Mommy bundled me up in a heavy jacket and I got to wear my extreme sports snowboarder hat. Since several people commented on how cool my hat was, I decided to leave it on rather than tear it off at first opportunity.

At the restaurant, which means "the bakery" in Italian, I got to have bread. Lots and lots of delicious bread. My favorite was the Umbrian focaccia, which is focaccia topper with rosemary and sweet onions. Delicious! I also got to taste Mommy's mashed potatoes. At first I wasn't sure whether I liked these, but after a little trial I decided that I did like them. I had a great time.

No comments: