Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Hobbits

My Mommy and (especially) my Daddy are addicted to the Lord of the Rings films. Daddy got the special extended edition for Christmas and now is in the process of watching virtually all of the extended footage. He's got a fever (which he thinks I gave him), so he's got a lot of time on his hands. Anyway, the weird thing is that Mommy and Daddy have decided that I resemble a hobbit. Hobbits are little folk with curly tousled hair and big wide eyes. I can't see how there's any resemblance to me at all. They've even taken to calling me a little Hobbit instead of the usual Mr. Baby (they rarely call me my actual name). Here's a bit of trivia I learned: Every actor except one wore a wig for the Lord of the Rings films. The one who didn't is the young son of the director Peter Jackson. He had perfect hobbit hair all on his own so no wig was needed.

No comments: