Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Reflections

Each year, there is a contest across all the schools in the area called Reflections. The idea is to express a theme through some sort of creative arts. They can be drawing, painting, video, music composition, or photography. Last year, I competed in photography, won in my school, but finished second at the regionals. This year's theme was "Together we can..." For a long time, I didn't think I wanted to enter, but decided to try at the last minute. I combed through my photographs and found several that I thought were pretty good. My favorite was a picture of a leaf surrounded by water droplets on the top of Daddy's car after a rainstorm. I also submitted a picture of some bridges Daddy and I built out of paper one weekend. This was one of his crazy experiments where the job was to design a bridge that can hold the most toy cars without collapsing.

I had good luck this year--I was the only entrant in the photography category in my school, so I knew I was going to win. The judges selected the bridges picture over the leaf, probably because it was more consistent with the theme. We'll see how I do at regionals.

1 comment:

Mum said...

Good luck with Regionals, Aidan!
Love, Nainnie