Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Playoffs


This past weekend, my soccer team, the Celtics, won both our playoff games. The second game was played in a driving rainstorm. In fact, they closed the soccer field immediately after the game. While I always wanted to play soccer in the rain, having now done so, I'm not eager to do it again. My long wet hair kept dripping into my eyes, which was no fun.



Despite missing our regular goalkeeper, our substitute let in only a single goal over both games. Our victory means we're going to the semifinals and will finish in the top 4 in the league no matter how we do. We were supposed to go to Arizona this coming weekend, but I don't want to let my team down, so that trip has been cancelled so I can help the team try to get to the finals and win the league.

Soccer is so exciting, but I'm really feeling the pressure in these playoff games.

1 comment:

Mum said...

Glad you're liking soccer, Aidan! Hope your team did well over the weekend!