Saturday, April 03, 2010

Donkeys versus Ponies

Today at the club was a special Easter holiday fun day. They had 3 bounce houses, pony rides, a petting zoo, and a "midway" where you can win tickets for prizes. They also had a buffet featuring corn dogs as well as various kinds of boring adult food. Here are the highlights:

1. Ponies versus donkeys: They had both pony and donkey rides. At first, I was confused and called the donkey a camel. Mom was shocked--a camel ride? Of course, when she saw what I identified as a camel, we both laughed because I got donkeys and camels confused. Anyway, a donkey is a much smoother ride than a pony. The pony bounces up and down when he walks. I had to hold onto the pommel with both hands. The donkey offers a smooth ride--like the TSX. I would occasionally raise both my hands and yell "Yee haw" during the ride.

2. Speed basketball is super fun. Here, you have 30 seconds to make as many baskets as you can. There are 2 side by side baskets, so you're competing against another player for high score. My best game got me 10 tickets. I made 11 baskets including 1 at the buzzer for a 3 point shot--final score = 23.

3. Bounce parachute. In addition to the usual types of bounce houses, there was a bounce parachute ride. Here, you go inside a bouncy tube and strap on your parachute. The house then inflates up really high lifting you up in the air so that you're almost as high as the roof of the club! Then it slowly deflates as you parachute back down to the ground.

4. Petting zoo: Lots of cool animals in the petting zoo including miniature goats and pigs, bunnies, and some very fluffy chickens.

This was super fun.

1 comment:

Mum said...

Now, here's what I'd like at the club: the boring adult food, the petting zoo, and a pony ride, if they had ponies big enough for grown-ups to ride. Which I doubt. I nebver rode a donkey, but i dai have a lot of pony rides when I was a little girl.