Monday, October 22, 2007

This Week in Sports

It was a sports filled weekend for me. On Saturday, I played tee ball. I'm getting really good at catching the ball and I'm a really fast runner. In fact, I'm almost too fast. My friend Christopher was on base in front of me, and I kept passing him as we rounded the bases towards home. I like to go into home with a big head first slide. I also like to root on my team, the Cheetahs. I started a chant:

Let's go Cheetahs. Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap


I couldn't get the other kids to go along though.

Daddy and I played a bunch more tee ball after the game. Interestingly, even though the game is called tee ball, we only hit balls out of the air rather than off a tee.

Sunday was golf day. We went to San Ramon Royal Vista (aka the "green golf ball") golf course for some practice. I hit a zillion range balls and even got a reward from daddy for hitting a ball about 50 yards into a bunker on the driving range. We also played "crazy golf" by choosing different random spots to putt from and trying to make putts. Finally, We did some chipping practice. We each had three balls and the person coming closest to the hole won. I managed to win two of the games! I still don't like to hit the normal way, but am getting more used to it. Hooray for golf.

Of course, we also engage in blocking drills almost every day. I'm getting very good at getting leverage low and keeping my feet moving forward to push the offensive line (Daddy) out of the way so I can get to the quarterback. I'm also improving in my "swim move" to get past the linemen. While I don't want to play football for real (too much chance of injury), I do like pretending.

No comments: