Monday, October 22, 2007

The Price is Right

The newspaper is surprisingly interesting. I like to hear about the A's notebook, which tells what's going on with the Oakland A's. I also occasionally like to hear about the Raiders and the 49ers, but only to hear about the injuries. But one of my favorite parts of the newspaper is the "guess the price" game. Daddy will look at the car ads and tell me the names of two cars as well as some descriptions. My job is to figure out which costs more. For example:

New Toyota Camry versus new Toyota Prius (I know the Prius costs more)
New Camry versus new Toyota Pickup truck (I know the Camry costs more)

My favorite is the 2005 Hummer H2, which has been in the paper for the last couple of weeks. It costs more than ANY other vehicle---even more than the high end Lexus, which used to win all of these contests. Why do people pay so much for Hummers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For all the Hummer-haters, you might be interested to know that your Nainnie drives the same kind of car as Dennis Kucinich.