Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Weekend Update

It was a very busy weekend for Daddy and me. On Saturday, Daddy arranged a playdate with Roxy. She is 7 years old (just turned 7) and lives about a mile down the road. Her Daddy is one of the professors in Daddy's work. I wanted her to come over to the house to show her all the great Christmas presents I got. We played the Cars racetrack game, Balloon Lagoon (a huge hit), and Hullabaloo (another huge hit). We also had a lot of fun running around and playing in the stuffed animals.

It turns out that Roxy can read all sorts of things. She read Stanford University on my Daddy's sweatshirt and several other things. I pointed out that I can't read and then listed the many exceptions to the "rule" from objects lying around the house including the words on, off, go, stop, and so on. Daddy thought it was odd how many words I can read for a person who can't read.

On Sunday, Daddy and I went out to play golf with Miguel (another of Daddy's work friends) and his little boy Vasco. I won the golf match thanks to an unprecedented streak of 6 consecutive holes in one. Daddy finished first among the grown-ups but didn't play especially well.

No comments: