Saturday, January 20, 2007

Fore!

Today was a really fun day. We spent the day getting ready to go golfing. In the morning Daddy and I practiced making shots in the back yard. It was the first time I took out my new set of golf clubs. Daddy got me these when I was only 1 (it was a great sale), but, since they were built for guys aged 5-8, they sat in the garage until I got old enough. Well, having turned 5, I'm now old enough. Anyway, I teed up the ball and whacked it with my 9 iron. (My set includes a 5, 7, and 9 irons as well as a "big dog" [driver] and a putter.)

In the afternoon, we went to Daddy's usual golf course and played 9 holes with his friend Miguel. It was great fun. I got to tee off from the red tees (the blues are a bit further back) and I got to do lots of putting. I'm getting much better at all of these things. I made a number of putts. But best of all was my drive off the 9th hole. I managed to hit the ball almost 20 yards! I then kept whacking at the ball and managed, after several shots, to advance the ball almost 120 yards down the course. I even managed to find a nice pink golf ball on my travels.

I love golf!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was some drive, Aidan!

Love,