Friday, October 13, 2006

Texas Hold 'Em

Daddy brought home some poker chips the other day after I spent the previous evening in rapt attention at this year's World Series of Poker. I give a lot of the gys on that show nicknames like handsome guy (the ultimate winner, Jamie Gold), sunglasses guy, fat guy, ugly shirt guy, yellow dog guy (Allen Cunningham, who always wears a yellow shirt with a white dog on it), and so on. One guy, Leif Force, who has very bad hair, was eliminated while I was watching. I was sort of happy about this since I decided I didn't like him.

In addition to the guys, I like to make predictions about which guy has the better hand. I now know that two aces is the best hand to start and that you should fold if you have a deuce-seven off suit.

Anyway, Daddy and I have now been playing full-blown Texas Hold 'Em at home. It's hard for me to remember all the combinations of the cards. And keeping track of the shared card in the center and how they relate to my "hole" cards is tough. But I love playing, and I especially love pushing my chips into the pot. One of my favorite things is going "all-in" and seeing if I win a big pot.

No comments: