Thursday, July 27, 2006

Oakland A's Game

Yesterday was guys day. I went to work with Daddy in the morning. While Daddy took a bunch of phone calls, my work consisted of playing on the computer with the Wonder Pets and Go Diego Go. After this, we got to visit the Dean's office to get some chocolate and then went off to the baseball game. I was all dressed up in my Oakland A's outfit, which is really great since it has my two favorite colors--yellow and green. We had special seats which required us to walk through the clubhouse where the players are to get to the seats. There was a red line on the floor. We were supposed to stay to the left side of the red line so the players would have room to walk in the opposite direction.

I loved the game. We had popcorn and ice cream and lots of other goodies. I also managed to get on the big TV screen in the ballpark by holding up a couple of BART tickets and jumping up and down. Daddy pointed me to the camera man and he shot some pictures. A bunch of people recognized me on the way out of the stadium from my TV appearance.

I also initiated a chant in the section I was in. I started saying, "Let's go Oakland" and then clapping rhythmically. Soon other people in the section picked up the chant.

The game was a good one. The A's won 5-1 on the strength of "stick guy"--Frank Thomas. We called him that becuase, unlike the other players, Thomas warms up by swinging a big, heavy lead stick in the on-deck circle before grabbing a bat. The stick swining apparently works since Thomas hit two home runs yeaterday--effectively beating the Boston Red Sox all by himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aidan,

Q: Why does it get so hot after a baseball game?

A: Because all the fans leave!

You and Daddy sure had a wonderful day together, Aidan. LOVE, Auntie Max

ATM said...

Hee hee hee funny.