Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My Favorite Things in DC

During my trip to DC, a lot of people asked me about what my favorite parts of DC were. While I liked lots of things about DC, the vacation house, the air and space museum, the train museum, the zoo, and so on, the best part of Washington, DC is its mass transit system. To get to anywhere, we would take the blue bus to the metro train.

The metro train is absolutely the best thing. First you have to ride down a giant escalator to get to the trains. Then Mommy or Daddy have to put their card in the machine. When the doors open, I zip through as quickly as I can before they close. The trains are the best part. They have colorful seats and stop at many interesting places. Some of the stops are named after shapes like Washington Circle, McPherson Square, and Federal Triangle. A really good part is when you have to change trains. To get to the zoo, we would ride the blue or orange lines to Metro Center. There, we would change trains to the red line to go to the zoo. Two trains and a bus---each way. Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aidan,

That all sounds great to me, except for the Giant Escalator!

Another shape,though not on the Metro Line, is the Pentagon. Don't think they encourage visitors, however.

Love,

ATM said...

I saw the Pentagon several times on boat rides up and down the Potomac. It doesn't really look like a shape from ground level.