Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I can't drive 55

We arrived back from Washington, DC, which is the greatest place ever, this past weekend. More on those adventures in the coming days, but for now I want to talk about fast cars and crazy driving.

When we went to DC, I picked out several of my Hot Wheels and Corgi cars to take with me on the trip. I especially like a Range Rover police car that Daddy got me while he was in England. During our time in DC, we spent many nights happily playing "crazy driving." We set up a ramp consisting of various books and then drove the cars over the ramp. Sometimes the cars would make the jump successfully and land on their wheels. More often, however, they would not. Sometimes the result would a a somesaulting car zooming across the room. Other times the car would simply land on its roof and slide along upside down for a ways.

When we got back from DC, Daddy and I went on a "mission" to target to get some Hot Wheels track for even more crazy driving. We got a track with a little battery powered "engine" to speed the cars along. The cars go over a loop, then do a little jump, then go almost sideways on the high-banked turns of the Hot Wheels raceway. We've discovered that some cars are better than others at negotiating this track. One of the best at this track is a fire engine with a long ladder. "Neenah, neenah," the fire engine's siren sounds as it speeds along the track to a fire. Interestingly, a milk tanker truck is also not too bad at this as well.

I love how fast the cars go on the track. They go so fast that they lok like blurs as they whiz around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, I have to ask: who REALLY wanted the Hot Wheels track? Aidan or Daddy?

Love,

ATM said...

Daddy asked if I'd like some track for cars to go really, really fast, and I eagerly accepted.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure!