Thursday, November 06, 2003

Big Red Car

Christmas came a bit early for me. I found one of my gifts, the Wiggles Big Red Car, in the office. Realizing this was mine, I indicated in the strongest possible terms my desire to have it---now. Happily, I got to open it and played with it almost exclusively this evening. For those who don't know, the Big Red Car is the vehicle of choice for the Wiggles. It looks a bit like a convertible VW Beetle. In the version I have, the 4 Wiggles are in the car with their bodies apparently welded together. If you push down on their collective heads and then release, they break out into song and the car rolls along for a short distance. While they're singing and the car is rolling, their bodies move up and down in the car in perfect unison. By the end of the day, I had played with the toy so much that the Wiggles song, which had started out at a jaunty presto temp was more like a largo by the end.

No comments: