Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Another Reading Project

As I mentioned previously, I'm totally fascinated with the game The Legend of Drzzt. The main character, Drzzt, is a dark elf also called a Drow. It turns out that he and all the other characters in the game are based on a series of books by RA Salvatore. Over the weekend, we visited Barnes and Noble and picked up an anthology of Drzzt stories. They are extremely exciting with their many battles and adventures. The last few days, Daddy has been reading me these stories, and we act them out with stuffed animals. I have a nice green triceratops that plays the role of Drzzt. For longer books like the Bible, stuffy acting really makes them come alive. I love to choose different stuffies to represent the characters and then acting through the stories with them. Last night Drzzt took on a group of orcs and ogres. The ogres consisted of a pair of colorful frogs, a T-Rex, and the most evil character, a Care Bear with a pair of lollipops on his tummy. We've done several stories with this Care Bear. In all of them, he's an evil genius who tries to take over the world. I like the ridiculousness of having a Care Bear, which I give a sweet, soft voice, making plans to destroy everyone and everything. Stuffy theater is one of my favorite things to do in the evening.

No comments: