Sunday, January 31, 2010

Microwave Safety



For class this week, I presented a short public service announcement on microwave safety. Naturally, I wanted to capture my audience's attention, so I focused on all the bad things that can happen if you do not use a microwave properly. In my initial script, I started out with death as the worst possible consequence. Mommy thought this was a bit over the top, so the version above sets up death with other scenarios. I also try to illustrate each of the bad outcomes using my acting skills. For instance, if you burn yourself in a microwave, I jump up and down and yell

Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot!


A line I borrowed from Super Mario Galaxy. Mario says this when he falls into lava.

Check it out. It's important safety advice.

1 comment:

Mum said...

Another piece of advice would be to be careful when you roast chestnuts in the microwave! One burst into flames for me!