Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hit Down to Go Up

When my friend Chase was visiting this Sunday, we played golf out in the yard together. I found a finish line flag on a stick and poked that into the ground in various spots in the yard to be the "hole". I then picked out a spot for the tee box and off we went. There were some very creative holes including a dogleg left where you could either go the safe route and stay on the grass or take the risky route of a forced carry over the rose bush. (I elected the risky route and made the carry.)

Chase really hadn't played much golf before, so he was having trouble getting the ball to go very far. The secret, as I learned, is to hit down on the ball to make it go up in the air. I demonstrated my classic hitting down technique. It's sort of like the movie Cars where Doc tells Lightning that on dirt tracks he should turn right to go left.

It was a great golf tournament.

No comments: