Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Swimming, splashing

This summer, we became members of the Livona swimming pool association, which gives us access to two pools--a little pool only 2.5 feet in depth, and a big pool. Yesterday, we went over for a swim. As usual, I started in the little pool to get comfortable. Then I did something new and interesting--I started a splash fight with Mommy. Normally, I really don't like my head or hair to get wet (a difficult feat in a pool), but I thought it would be fun to splash around and I didn't really mind getting wet yesterday. Then we moved on to the big pool. I bring a floating rung with me for that pool so that I don't sink to the bottom. Again, we played lots of fun games including one of my favorites where Daddy is the submarine and I'm the torpedo trying to sink the sub. As a torpedo, I've learned how to use my arms and kick my feet to zoom around the pool. I'm getting the hang of the whole swimming notion I think.

No comments: