Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Green Balloon

This week, I'm attending Vacation Bible School at a nearby church. Mommy is also attending as a teacher there. We've already completed a couple of projects together. The first was a shirt with a picture of a hot air balloon on the back of it. I had to color in the balloon on the back of the shirt and then Mommy "heat sealed" it so that it will continue to look nice even after being washed. Naturally, my balloon is colored with my two favorite colors, yellow and green.

We also made a paper machier hot air balloon as well as a project. This was a pretty tricky project. First, you need a regular balloon, blown up. You then cover the regular balloon with crepe paper and a special kind of glue. I covered mine with lots of green and yellow paper strips. You then have to wait for it to dry and then pop the regular balloon, leaving only the now molded paper strips in the balloon shape. Finally, you have to add a dixie cup "gondola" attached with string to the underside to finish the balloon. It looks really nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet that does look nice! You'll have to show it to me -- both projects -- when I come to visit you!

Love,

Nainnie