Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Working the Ranch

Over the weekend, Daddy invented a new game called "working the ranch". In this game, we each ride one of my big horses. I ride the bouncy horse while Daddy rides the big stuffed horse my Uncle Ted gave to me. Daddy puts on his cowboy hat to work the ranch. Then we line up the "stock" in the pretend valley below us. We have all the usual livestock---cows, sheep, horses, and donkeys (actually all the donkeys are Eeyore)---as well as some unusual stock as well---zebras, bears, rhinos, and mice. Daddy says that our ranch is in the Santa Ynez mountains. He asked me how many acres we have on the ranch. I told him four acres, which seems like a lot of land. Daddy says that on a clear day (and it's always clear at the ranch) we can see the city of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean. I like to ride my horsie down to Santa Barbara and sometimes take a swim in the ocean. The other animals like to join me there as well. It's fun to work on a ranch.

No comments: