Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Healthwatch Update

My Mommy took me to the doctor yesterday to see about fixing my cold. I was definitely nervous about going back there since it seems every time we visit the doctor she gives me painful shots, and I end up feeling worse than when I went in. Anyway, she looked me over an weighed me. I now weight 22 pounds! I was too wriggly for them to check my height, but I think I'm still a little on the short side. Mommy said that in the first time in a while, people are starting to guess that I'm younger than I really am perhaps owing to my small (but powerful) stature. The doctor prescribed some cough medicine and some antibiotics and sent Mommy and me off to get them. We had to go to three drugstores before someone actually had the medicines we were after.

We got back around 2pm. I figured Mommy would want to start me on the medicines right away so I could get healthy sooner, but she decided to wait. Apparently, she read that the meds had to be given every 12 hours and she didn't want to get up at 2am. I don't see what's wrong with getting up then. In fact, 2am is one of the best times to jump around. Anyway, she waited until 8pm to give me meds. I didn't really like the taste of them though---reminded me too much of yucky baby food. Actually, I'm not as against baby food as I once was. It's sort of okay. The problem is that Mommy keeps ruining the best part of the activity: holding and chewing and banging the spoon. Just when I'm starting to get a good rhythm going banging my spoon, she takes it away to refill it with more food. I'll eat the food to humor her so I can get the spoon back (sometimes).

No comments: