Friday, December 04, 2009

I hate spelling

Friday is spelling test day at school. I really don't like spelling. I'm okay at it, but it's a lot of work and very frustrating. Last night while studying, I got quite upset. Mommy got upset with me as well since I didn't want to keep on going. Here's my biggest beef with spelling--why did all these other stupid countries take over England at various times and leave their crazy spellings behind.

This week's episode: A million different ways to spell the long e sound. I had to spell between, piece, belief, believe, reason, mean, least, and so on. It makes no sense to spell the same sound so many ways!

1 comment:

Mum said...

Those are some pretty difficult words for second graders, I think.But the moreyou read, the easier it is to spell, because you'll recognize what the word should look like. Keep at it, sweetie!