Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl Champs


HERE WE GO STEELERS!
Originally uploaded by Andy M¢
It was a very exciting Super Bowl as Big Ben and the Steelers managed a glorious comeback over the scrappy Cards. I expected the Steelers to "win handily" (one of my favorite expressions at the moment), and it looked like they would in the first quarter. But the Cards clawed back and nearly took the lead at half before Harrison's amazing pick and return for 100 yards. Daddy and I were jumping up and down over that play.

It still looked like the Steelers had things well in hand in the third quarter until they fell apart with the safety and the huge reception by Fitz. But what an ending. Big Ben connecting with #10, Santonio Holmes, time and time again. The Terrible Towels were waving mightily as the Steelers took their records 6th Super Bowl (two of which I've seen in my young life.)

Go Steelers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aidan,

I don't really follow football, but like everyone else, got caught up in the Super Bowl. Because the Cards were the underdogs, I found myself rooting for them, and for one brief shining moment, it looked like they might win.

But the Steelers prevailed. I think it was their yellow uniforms that did it!

Love,

Nainnie

ATM said...

Actually their unis were white with black numbers and yellow trim. I wish they wore yellow unis. But I'm still glad they won.