Thursday, November 06, 2008

Defeat

I hate to lose. I just hate it.

Last night, I went to my Cub Scout den meeting. We did a lot of fun things, but, at the end, there was a relay race contest. There were three teams and the job of each team was to sweep up a bunch of leaves and put them into bins. The parents were in charge of the sweeping while the kids were in charge of the bins. Sadly, my team finished last in this race. It made me very sad. In fact, I hid in the corner of the room to be sad by myself until I felt better. I really want to WIN all the games I play. I hate finishing last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aidan,

It looks like you subscribe more tothe philosophy of Vince Lombardi than of Grantland Rice. (Your Daddy can explain.)

Yes, not winning is sad, but there's always next time.

Now today, I'll be playing that "game" all by myself! My yard, sidewalks, and driveway are thick with leaves! I could use a bunch of first-graders to help me!

Love,

Nainnie