Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Surprise Going Away Present

This morning I made a going away present for Nainnie. I like all my presents to be surprises, so I went through some measures to keep everything secret. First, I made her a colorful envelope out of construction paper, which I then decorated with stickers. Next, I made a card to go in the envelope. Rather than drawing pictures on the card, I wanted to express myself in words. I asked Daddy to come and help me by being my secretary while I dicated what I wanted to say. I wrote that I wanted Nainnie to have a very nice time and to get off her plane safely. Then I told her I loved her "really much". Finally, in a bt of deception, I wrote that the message was written by Thomas the Tank Engine. But, just in case she was really fooled, I signed it, "Love, Aidan."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Aidan,

I loved the letter and the fancy envelope! Good choice of color and decoration.

I loved being with you the past two weeks. I think we had a lot of fun!

Talk to you soon!

Love,