Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Only in California

Fresh lemon
Guess what I did on Sunday? I ran a lemonade stand on the corner of the street. It was a nice sunny day but not especially hot. Both Mommy and Daddy were skeptical about how much business I'd do selling lemonade. But business was brisk thanks to my terrific product and my enthusiastic selling technique. Here's what I would do: Any time a car or person went by, I held up my big orange sign advertising "Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 25 cents" and began my patter (modeled after Billy Mays):

Aidan Morgan here with fresh lemonade, only 25 cents. Get your fresh lemonade here. It's only 25 cents!


When bicyclists would come by, I tried a different tack:

You get awfully thirsty riding that bike. What you need is some fresh lemonade. Only 25 cents!


I ended up selling two pitchers of lemonade and made about 20 bucks (tips really help when selling for only 25 cents each.) I really love selling stuff. Maybe that's what I'll be when I grow up--a salesman.

2 comments:

Mum said...

Now around here, people sitting in front of their houses selling things are having yard sales, Gaahh! Sometimes they have them every few weeksa during the warmer weather!

ATM said...

Part of the key is the product. Lemonade is a quality product. Junk from your garage isn't.