Sunday, November 29, 2009

Monopoly

 

This weekend I graduated up from Monopoly Junior to full-blown monopoly. I love this game--the money, the properties, the little pieces, and especially the deal making. I won the first game I played thanks to a monopoly on Boardwalk and Park Place which bankrupted everyone else. The second game was a time limit one. I thought I had won, but Mommy had great luck at the end and pulled out the victory. The third game was supposed to be a time limit one too, but we played it out. Unfortunately, I lost to Daddy and his nasty hotels on New York Avenue.

I get to put my math skills to the test in this game--figuring out the right change, reading the rates on the property cards, and so on. In fact, I've become so good that I was the banker in the most recent game. Monopoly is really fun.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mum said...

Were the Schlomovitz Brothers present?

John said...

Nope. Instead, I offered the "Mr. John Experience" at all my properties. This involved extravagant overselling as well as providing guests a fruit basket. Any uneaten fruit from prior guests was "recycled" to save on costs of producing new fruit baskets.

Mum said...

Ha! Love it!